Song Of The Year 2020 In South Africa
Music is one of the most powerful expressions of emotion that we have. It can bring people together, inspire them and make them feel things that they never thought possible. That’s why it’s so important for music to be available to everyone, no matter where they are or what language they speak. This is especially true in South Africa, a country with such a rich cultural heritage. In this article, we’ll take a look at the 2020 song of the year in South Africa and discuss how you can ensure that your music gets the recognition it deserves. We hope that this information will help you create some amazing music and help South Africa continue to be one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
The 5 Best South African Songs Of 2020
If you’re looking for some of the top tunes to come out of South Africa in 2020, look no further! These five tracks will have you vibing along all year long.
1. “Gonna Tell You” – Craig David
Craig David has always been one of the most soulful and talented singers around, and his new single “Gonna Tell You” definitely proves that once again. This catchy track is sure to get stuck in your head, and is perfect for a summer day.
2. “Road To Nowhere” – Kabelo Mtshekga
Kabelo Mtshekga is a Tel Aviv-based singer who has quickly gained popularity in South Africa with her soulful voice and powerful songs. Her latest release “Road To Nowhere” tells the story of a young woman who is struggling to find her way in life, and is sure to resonate with many listeners.
3. “Grow Old With Me” – JP Nkala & The Jazz Pianos
JP Nkala has been an integral part of the South African music scene for many years now, and his latest release “Grow Old With Me” shows just how far he’s come as a songwriter. This upbeat tune features an all-star lineup of musicians, including Miriam Makeba and Hugh Masekela, and is sure to get your groove on!
4. “SOS” – Bongo
The Top 10 South African Albums of 2020
The South African music industry is always evolving and changing, which means that there are always new albums being released. Here are the top 10 South African albums of 2020:
1. Franky Dooku – We Are The People
2. Nasty C – The Mixtape 2
3. Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini – Mandela Days
4. Bongani Khumalo – Khoza
5. DJ Fresh & Mad Cobra ft Tshidi Madondo – Better Late Than Never
6. Taboo & AKA – Taboo & AKA
7. Lianne La Havas – Unknow
8. Seether ft Amy Lee – Broken
9. Reekado Banks ft Adele Gerez-De La Rosa – Almost There
10. Steve Hofmeyr with The Jazzmatazz Big Band feat Thandi Ntuli, Wanda Kunene, Siyabonga Mogotsi and more!
The Top 5 South African Artists of 2020
The Top 5 South African Artists of 2020
There is no doubt that the music industry in South Africa is booming, with some of the country’s most talented musicians coming to the forefront over the past few years. In 2020, these five artists are sure to be household names, and we can’t wait to see what they create next.
Mnek burst onto the scene in 2018 with his critically acclaimed EP ‘The Bravest Man’, which showcased his soulful and emotive vocals. With a sound that fuses elements of R&B, pop and hip-hop, Mnek is sure to become a favourite amongst fans of all genres.
Dlamini is one of South Africa’s most versatile vocalists, blending her haunting voice with soulful ballads and powerful rock tracks alike. Her debut album ‘Lift Us Up’ was released in 2019 to critical acclaim and her first single ‘No One Else’ has been streaming consistently on international platforms ever since its release. Look out for her upcoming tour across South Africa later this year!
3. Isreal Kamakawiwo’ole (II) & Paloma Faith
Isreal Kamakawiwo’ole (II) & Paloma Faith are two of the most iconic British singers to have ever set foot in South Africa, and their influence
South Africa’s Top 5 Events of 2020
South Africa’s Top 5 Events of 2020
The year 2020 looks set to be a big one for South Africa, with a number of events scheduled to take place that everyone is sure to enjoy. Here are five of the most anticipated events:
1. The FIFA World Cup – The world’s biggest sporting event returns to South Africa in June 2020 and will be televised all over the world. Fans from all over the globe are expected to flock to Johannesburg and other host cities in search of the exciting action on display.
2. The Rugby World Cup – Another major international event taking place in South Africa in early September 2020 is the Rugby World Cup. This prestigious tournament sees teams from all over the world compete for the ultimate prize, and will be watched by millions of fans worldwide.
3. The Springbok Tour – One of SA’s biggest travelling events, the Springbok Tour features some of country’s top musicians playing at various venues across the country throughout April and May 2020. This colourful and exciting tour is sure to get people dancing on their streets!
4. The FNB Cape Town Marathon – Held annually in October 2020, this famous marathon is considered one of the most challenging races in the world and attracts runners from all over the globe. With a course that covers more than 26 miles, it’s definitely not an event you want to miss!
5. The SA Film Awards – Held annually in December
The Top 10 South African Songs of 2020
This year has seen some incredible music come from South Africa, with many local and international artists proving that the country is still holding its own in the music world. Here are the top 10 South African songs of 2020:
1. Dlamini – ‘Tired’
2. The Kooks – ‘American Kids’
3. Pte Palani – ‘I Need You Now’
4. Bongani Khumalo – ‘Inkosi’
5. Die Antwoord – ‘Ugly God’
6. Yolandi Visser & Mafikizolo – ‘Ngiyakati’
7. Humblesmith ft Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini – ‘Goodnight My Lover’
8. Tshabalala Sulitha & Bekele Gelemu – ‘Kokodoko (featuring Florida Georgia Line)’
9. Davido ft Ed Sheeran, Phama Shola, Big Bank Black – ‘Dami Dlamini’ 10. Skhoolboy Q ft Quavious Keyate Marshall, Jarad Anthony – ‘We Takin’ Over’
The Songs that will be Accompanied by the Year 2020
The year 2020 will be an important one for South African music. Not only will it be the centenary of the birth of South Africa’s most renowned composer, Johnny Clegg, but it is also the 20th anniversary of democracy in South Africa. As such, there are many events and celebrations planned to mark these two important anniversaries.
As part of this celebratory atmosphere, a number of songs that were popular in South Africa in 2020 will be released as singles or albums. Some of these songs have already been released and others are scheduled to come out in the next few months or year.
Some of the songs that are set to be released in 2020 include “My Girl” by The Bongo Brothers, “Won’t Let You Go” by Kabelo Dlamini, “Good Times” by Blaq Poet, and “Sane Man” by AKA.
There is no doubt that 2020 will be an exciting year for music fans in South Africa.
The Reactions to the Song of the Year 2020
The reactions to the song of the year 2020 are what everyone is talking about. Many people have their opinions on who should have won. Here are some of the most popular reactions:
“I’m so surprised that this wasn’t nominated for best song! it’s such an amazing song!”
“This is definitely one of the best songs I’ve ever heard!”
“I don’t think anyone could objectively not like this song.”
Many people seem to love this song, and they’re not the only ones. The music video has over 2 million views on YouTube and counting. It’s clear that a lot of people are excited about this song, and it’s definitely deserved its spot as the top pick for best song in 2020!
What’s your prediction for the song of the year in South Africa in 2020? Do you believe that one of the 2019 trending songs will finally be crowned Song Of The Year in our beautiful country? Let us know what you think in the comments below!