Print Assistant X22 Government Printing Works is a leading provider of printing and related services to government departments and agencies. We offer a wide range of products and services at competitive prices.
The Print Assistant X22 Government Printing Works Team is part of the Department’s Shared Services Program (SSP). This program centralises the cost-effective delivery of non-clandestine print across all departments, agencies, corporations and statutory authorities in Australia.
Printers Assistant X22 Government Printing Works
Print Assistant positions
As a Printing Assistant X22, you’ll assist the printing staff with various tasks including:
- Cleaning and loading the printing presses to meet production requirements
- Loading paper into cutting machines, folding machines, and collating machines
- Making sure that all equipment is in working order and ready for use.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a graduate of a recognized educational institution
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a government printing works (preferably) or any other related field.
- Knowledge of the printing process and techniques.
- Computer literate.
This role is to assist the printers in the production of government publications.
- Assist the Printers Assistant with various duties in the Printing and Binding Section, including but not limited to:
- Laying out jobs for printing
- Filing job files
- Checking proofs against originals and correcting errors
- Distributing jobs to the printers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Follow instructions
You can apply for this job online by visiting their official website.
You can also apply for this job by emailing your CV and covering letter to their official email address
You can contact them on 0113 357 2222 to discuss an application at their offices in Leeds.
You can post your application to: PO Box 925, Leeds LS1 4DY.
Print Assistants are responsible for a variety of tasks, including assisting the printers in all their daily activities. This includes ensuring that printing jobs are completed on time and as per customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of English grammar and spelling; have knowledge about computer applications such as MS Word or MS Excel; be able to communicate effectively using email, phone calls and face-to-face conversations;