The application process for Potchefstroom University is not an easy one. In fact, there are many steps that must be followed before you can get accepted into this prestigious university. The good news is that if you follow these steps and do your research on how to apply, it will be smooth sailing!
Potchefstroom University Application 2022
You can apply to Potchefstroom University in four ways:
- Online through the official university website.
- Through the post using an application form available on the website.
- In person at any of the following: a university office, campus or application centres.
- By phone with a call to 0800-88-0005.
Who can apply?
You can apply for admission if you are a South African citizen and you have completed your matric. You must also have a minimum of six subjects with a minimum of 65% pass mark in English and at least 50% pass mark in any other language (if applicable).
What do you need to apply?
You must be a South African citizen to apply for admission to Potchefstroom University (PU).
South African citizens are defined by the South African Citizenship Act, 1995 and include the following:
- Persons born in South Africa;
- Persons who were born outside of South Africa but whose father or mother was born in South Africa; and
- Persons who were born outside of South Africa and have obtained permanent residency.
When to apply?
The application deadline for 2022 is 1 July 2022.
You should apply as soon as you can. You need to be sure that your application will be complete, so it’s best to submit it as soon as all of the required documents are available and you have the money with which to pay the fees.
Once your academic results, NSC or COSAT results are released, send them through immediately using our online submission system. The sooner we get them, the better chance they will have of getting processed by time!
Where do you apply?
You can apply online, or you can visit the University’s main campus at Potchefstroom to submit your application. If you are unable to do so, you can visit any one of our satellite campuses across South Africa.
If you want to apply in person, but don’t live close enough to a physical campus or partner university, we have partnered with tertiary institutions throughout South Africa who will gladly accept your application on our behalf!
Step by step application process
In order to apply for a course at Potchefstroom University, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Fill in the online application form. You can use this link.
- Step 2: Upload your academic records and ID document to the system by following this link. The documents you need are listed below:
+ Grade 12 certificate or diploma (with transcript) OR Matric certificate from 2018 or 2019 (in case of applicants applying for 2021)
+ Identity document, i.e. passport or birth certificate (if applicable)
+ Proof of permanent residence status / immigration status in South Africa if applicable – please submit a scanned copy of one of these documents as proof of residence; this is not required if you have been living in South Africa since birth, but we encourage it nonetheless!
- Step 3 – Upload proof of accommodation, which can be done via this link here! The documents that must be uploaded are as follows:
Now that you know how to apply, what are you waiting for? Start your application today!
- Start the application process
- Follow the steps
- Submit the application
- Wait for the result
Now that you know all there is to know about applying to Potchefstroom University, what are you waiting for? Start your application today!