The North-West University is a multi-campus university with its main campus in Potchefstroom and satellite campuses in Mafikeng, Mahikeng and Vanderbijlpark. The University has more than 22 000 students in total, making it one of South Africa’s largest universities. The NWU offers a variety of contact, distance and online learning programmes and courses in more than 20 study fields spanning from science to humanities.
North West University Online Application 2022
- Apply and register at the North-West University.
- Pay for your study programme(s) online.
- Get your student ID (matriculation number).
- Get your student email address.
- Login to the NWU Online Campus Portal with your matriculation number, first name and surname as user name, password and/or code to access all services such as: Student Administration System (SAS), Library Catalogue, Blackboard Learn™ and others. If you have forgotten or lost your password or code, please contact the Customer Care Centre on +27 12 420 2500 (within South Africa) or +31 6 541 35 886 (outside South Africa).You will be informed on how to reset your password / code. If you need assistance regarding registration please contact: Tel: +27 12 420 2500Fax: +27 12 420 2503Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Application Process
You can apply through the online application process. To apply for admission, you will need to register on NWU’s website and log in with your username and password. You will then be able to access the application portal.
How to Register Online?
To register on NWU’s website and log in with your username and password:
- Go to https://www.nwuniversityonline.co.za/portal-student/portal (this link will open in a new tab). The university’s homepage opens up, showing links for registration; login; courses offered by different faculties; student services such as accommodation, transport etc; news updates from the university; as well as academic calendar information etc.;
- Click “Register Now!” under Student Login section at top right side of page; This takes you to another webpage where you have options like New Registration (if you are not yet registered), Password Change Request Form , Update Personal Details , Contact Info Update Form( if any changes has been made like postal address or mobile number), Student Profile Update Form ; To fill these forms click on each option one by one and follow instructions given thereon.; Note that all fields marked with an asterisk (*) require information entry before proceeding further.,
How to apply
To apply online and follow the steps below:
- Visit the NWU website.
- Click on the link for online registration.
- Complete your personal details and then click “Next” to proceed to step 2 of the online application process.
- Select your study programme and choose a campus (if you are offered more than one). You can change this later if you prefer a different campus or course, but it is important that you select one at this stage so that we can calculate how much funding assistance may be available to you (if applicable), as well as give us an idea of which courses are most popular among potential students at each location/campus. If applicable, provide details for any family members who will be studying with you (e.g., spouse) in order for us to ensure that any additional financial assistance needs of yours can be met accordingly before submitting these forms in order for them not
Your registration date will be determined by the programme or course you want to study. It’s important to note that registration dates are different for each programme or course, as well as each semester and year of study.
Registration dates may be earlier than the official start of a semester, so keep in mind that you need to register early if you want to secure your spot on campus.
o Semester 1: 22 February – 14 March 2022
o Semester 2: 18 July – 28 August 2022
- Registration information: You will need to provide the following information when you register for your courses. Please ensure that all details are correct, as this may affect our ability to process your registration and enrolment.
- Full name (as it appears on ID document)
- Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Email address (valid email address) and phone number (valid mobile number with area code)
- Current academic institution or programme level
Re-registering is easy. You can do it at any time during the year, but you’ll need to be registered for classes by a certain point in order to stay enrolled for the following semester.
If you’re interested in re-registering, keep the following things in mind:
- It’s important to make sure your personal information is up-to-date and accurate before re-registering so that we can send all relevant correspondence (e.g., registration notices) straight to your inbox.
- Confirm with our online advisors whether or not there are prerequisite courses required for the course(s) you wish to register for; if so, ensure that those prerequisites are completed before re-applying.
Student accommodation is available on campus. You will be able to enjoy life in a modern, safe, and secure environment. There are lots of options available if you would like to live off-campus. Here are some options:
- University residence halls – situated on the NWU campuses and managed by a service provider; they provide students with an affordable place to live while they attend classes at NWU. They have a variety of facilities including kitchens, laundry rooms, recreation areas and more! The following apartments could also be considered student residences:
- Student Quarters – located near campuses in Cape Town; these apartments offer breakfast service for R320 per month (subject to availability). This option is best suited for those who wish to avoid commuting costs or who want easy access onto the N1 highway from their home base location.
In conclusion, we hope that this article has provided you with all the information you need to apply for your course at the NWU. The University is one of the best higher educational institutions in South Africa and it offers a variety of contact, distance and online learning programmes and courses.