Nelson Mandela University Courses And Requirements
Nelson Mandela University is one of the leading institutions in South Africa. It was established in 2005 and has its headquarters in Port Elizabeth. The university offers a wide range of courses that include undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate and other related programs. In this blog post, we will take you through all the details regarding NMU courses and their requirements so that you can make an informed decision on which course(s) would be suitable for you.
Nelson Mandela University Courses And Requirements
We have gathered the official list of courses and departments that are available in the entire Nelson Mandela University (NMU).
The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) is a public university located in the city of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The university was established in 2005 and it offers various courses and programs for students who want to study at an affordable rate.
The NMU campus spans over an area of about 3,5 square kilometers and there are currently seven campuses that have been built since 2005 to accommodate students from all over South Africa.
The university houses over 25000 students who are enrolled in their respective departments every year. There are also more than 40 undergraduate courses available for them to choose from depending on their preferences and interests.
Below is the full detail of all the undergraduate and postgraduate courses coupled with their general requirements.
The Nelson Mandela University is a public university in South Africa. It was founded in 2004 and named after the former President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses across a wide range of departments and specializations.
Below is the full detail of all the undergraduate and postgraduate courses coupled with their general requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Media Studies (BACMS) – Department of Humanities, Languages & Social Sciences (HLCSS)
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science – Department of Information Technology (DIT)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) – Department of Accounting, Finance & Economics (AFE)
- Bachelor Of Education In Primary Education For Early Childhood Development And Education(BEPCDEED).-Department Of Educational Research & Methodology (ERM).
Postgraduate Studies at Nelson Mandela University.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Master of Public Health & Medical Sciences (MPHMS) with specialization in Nutrition & Dietetics, Pharmacy, Health Economics & Financing, Bioethics in Healthcare Management, Clinical Research and Clinical Trials Management.
Undergraduate Studies at Nelson Mandela University.
The undergraduate course offerings at Nelson Mandela University are as follows:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Education, General Studies Major in Early Childhood Education or Social Sciences and History
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts and Culture Management or Creative Writing
NMU Masters Courses.
Nelson Mandela University recognizes that learning is a lifelong process. That’s why it offers an array of master’s degree programs to help you refine your skills and gain the knowledge and experience needed to advance your career.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) The NMU MBA is a one-year program that will give you a solid foundation in business management theories, as well as practical skills such as leadership, communication, accounting and finance. You’ll also have the opportunity to specialize in one of several areas: marketing; human resource management; systems analysis; or accounting and finance.
Master’s Degree in Information Technology (MSIT) This two-year master’s degree program provides students with advanced technological knowledge related specifically to computer science applications such as database development or web programming that go beyond what they learned during their undergraduate studies.
If you want even more specialized training after completing this MSIT degree program at Nelson Mandela University then consider enrolling concurrently in its Certificate Program which is offered by distance learning through TeleLearning International Incorporated (TILI).
NMU Doctorate Courses.
The Nelson Mandela University Doctorate Courses are open to anyone with a Bachelor’s Degree, who has completed the required papers for their field of study and has been accepted into NMU. These courses are available at the following faculties:
- Education Faculty
- Political Science Faculty
- Public Law and Governance Faculty
The following are some of the most popular PhD programs offered by NMU:
- Doctorate in Psychology Programme (#H5)
- Doctorate in Education Programme (#H6)
- Doctorate in Philosophy Programme (#H2)
- Doctorate in Economics Programme (3 Year Course) (#G11)
The above courses have been approved by Council through Resolution No. 3532A (3rd June 2017).
We hope that you have enjoyed reading about the various courses and departments that are available at Nelson Mandela University. It is one of the most prestigious universities in South Africa, with many courses on offer for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. We wish you a successful academic journey as well as an enjoyable stay while studying at this institution!