To apply for admission at NMMU, you must first create an account using your full name (first name and surname) and date of birth.
You must also provide your ID number or passport details if you have them. Then log in to your account by entering username and password. Once logged in, click on ‘Apply online’ link to access the application form.
Let’s quickly walk your through this guide.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Online Application
- Go to the official NMMU website.
- Search for ‘online application’.
- Click on the link.
- Click on ‘New User? Register here’.
- Fill in your details, including email address and a password that you can remember easily. Then click on ‘Submit’.
- Click on the link above to go to the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Online Application Form.
- You will be redirected to the main page, where you can begin filling out your application.
- There are 6 sections in total: Personal Details, Academic Details, Financial Information & Declaration (if applicable), Contact Information and Program Choice.
- The Personal Details section is for information such as name, date of birth and gender.
- The Academic Details section is for information about previous study or qualifications that may be relevant to your course selection at NMU.
If you have previous qualifications from an accredited institution outside South Africa or from a tertiary institution in South Africa but did not graduate with any qualification yet registered with Umalusi (SAQA) or NQF Level 5 or higher then this section is where you would enter those details; ensure that you select “Yes” then click “Next” at the bottom right corner of each page so that it takes into account all courses completed thus far!
The Financial Information & Declaration (if applicable), Contact Information and Program Choice sections can be completed straight away once all other fields have been filled out by clicking on ‘Next’ at the bottom right corner of each page.
It is important though that these forms are completed accurately with correct details because they play an important role in confirming whether an applicant meets our admission criteria before being accepted onto a programme!
- If you are a new user then click on ‘New User? Register here’ tab, else if you are an existing user then click on ‘Login here’ tab.
- You need to enter your personal details like name, email id and mobile number in the relevant columns provided.
- You need to enter your contact details like home address, school name and contact number in the relevant columns provided.
- You will be required to upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature (for verification purpose only). The size of each file should not exceed 1 MB in size and resolution of 300 dpi has to be maintained throughout the process of uploading files for downloading them later at any point in time when required by NMMU Online Application System for future references or for any other purposes related to enrolment management purposes as may be decided by NMMU from time to time without prior notice/notification being issued out there before hand which could result into inconvenience caused due certain reason beyond one’s own control such as technical issues related with internet connectivity etcetera but not limited only just those two reasons alone; hence it is advisable that all applicants should try their best possible efforts so that they could complete their course successfully within stipulated deadlines given out there by university authorities themselves.”
For new users, please enter your Personal Details correctly and click on ‘Submit’.
Personal Details are Name, Gender, Date of Birth and Contact Details. The following information must be entered correctly:
- Correct Name of Student (First Name and Last Name)
- Correct Personal ID Number (PID)
- Correct Contact Telephone Number
If you are a current user, please enter your username and password correctly. If you do not know these details, please contact the NMMU help desk on +27 (11) 295 1010 or at email@example.com to retrieve your user details.
You may now start completing the application form by providing all the details asked for in the form. It is important that you provide correct information, as it will be used to verify your identity and profile. You have to provide your contact details like phone number, email address etc., academic qualifications like university name and degree obtained from there, employment history and personal details like age, gender etc.
Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive an acknowledgement via mail. It will include details of how long the process takes and whether or not you need to take any written or oral tests.
If you’re accepted into an NMMU programme, you’ll receive an email informing you of the date of your interview and what documents are needed for it (such as copies of identity documents).
You can also track your application status in myNMMU by clicking on ‘Application Status’ under Student Services on the home page.
We hope you have found this article helpful. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button below. We look forward to hearing from you!