The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African Government financial aid initiative that was formed in 1996. It was formed to provide financial assistance to undergraduates who cannot afford to fund their tertiary education or access other forms of funding, bursaries or loans. It is sponsored by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
To upload bank details on NSFAS through Fundi (a top South African Education Finance Specialist), you will be required to upload your account details online via the Fundi official website. This is an important requirement for applicants who desire to apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS).
How to Upload Bank Details on NSFAS using the Fundi App
- Log on to the official website of Fundi Card
- Next, click on the Upload Banking details icon.
- Then, input your ID or passport number in the space provided.
- Next, you will be required to input your student number and cell phone number.
- Afterwards, you will be sent an OTP which the system will request for. Input it on request and click on the Continue icon.
- Input your Bank type, account name, number and type.
- Click on the Add Banking Details icon and you are done.
How to Update Bank Details on NSFAS
- Log on to the official NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za with your ID number and password.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the Update Bank Details icon.
- Next, click on the Continue icon after reading the terms and conditions that pop up on the screen.
- Next, input the bank details just as it was listed on the bank statement for each account and your bank details will be updated.
How to Confirm your Account on NSFAS
You can confirm your academic results and bank details on NSFAS. To do this, you will be required to upload a duplicate of your academic results, bank statement, and ID document. To confirm your account on NSFAS, you should follow the steps below:
- Log on to the official webpage of the NSFAS.
- Input the password and username that was sent to you via SMS or email from NSFA.
- Select the I want to option under the How can I apply for financial aid on NSFAS Portal Home Page after logging on to the portal.
Documents required to confirm your NSFAS Application
You are required to upload the following documents to confirm your NSFAS application:
- Your NSFAS ID number which is a special reference that recognizes an individual as an NSFAS recipient and it can be found on the student portal at www.nsfas.org.za
- An updated bank statement from an active bank account that has been created for more than 6 months with at least R5,000 in credit.
Please note that if your identity cannot be confirmed with the documents stated above, then additional information will be required before a final decision will be made by NSFAS on whether the fund should be granted or not.
Your application process for NSFAS is incomplete without uploading your bank details so we advise that you do that as soon as possible. Students who have never been on the NSFAS can upload their bank details to apply for the NSFAS funds.
You can be assured that your bank details are secure and can only be viewed by NSFAS officials and no one else. However, uploading your bank details ensures that your NSFAS funds are paid into your account using your selected method of payment.
Uploading your bank details is a very important part of the NSFAS funds application. You can upload your bank details on NSFAS through the Fundi app which is a leading South African Education Finance Specialist. The company helps students cover the cost of their tertiary education expenses via education loans.
When you upload your bank details on NSFAS, the scheme will be able to pay funds into your bank account. We hope that you have found useful information on how to upload bank details on NSFAS in the piece above. However, we urge you to visit the official website of NSFAS to get more information.