The Capitec cellphone banking service is convenient and secure, giving you the freedom to bank from wherever you are.
You can deposit money into your account or make payments, as well as view your transaction history and manage your savings – all without having to visit one of our branches.
How To Register For Capitec Cellphone Banking At Home
Registering for cellphone banking is simple. Once you have registered, Capitec will send you a verification SMS and then you can start using it.
To register for cellphone banking at home, follow these steps:
- Go to www.capitec.co.za/mobile-banking and sign in with your username and password
- Click on “Register now” under the “Cellphone Banking” section of the website
- Check that you have completed all the required fields, including your cellphone number and email address (this is how we will confirm that it’s really you registering)
1. Dial *120*3279# on your cellphone to access cellphone banking.
To register for Capitec Cellphone Banking at home:
- Dial *120*3279# on your cellphone to access cellphone banking.
- You will be prompted to enter your secret PIN.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm.
- To use our app for free on Android, iOS or Windows devices – just visit your app store and follow the in-app prompts
2. Select option 9 (‘I want to register’).
- Select option 9 (‘I want to register’).
- On the next screen, type in your cellphone number and select option 3 (‘I have an Internet banking user name and password’).
- If you already have a Capitec username and password, type it into the boxes on the following pages and select ‘Next’ at the bottom of each page until you reach Step 7 where you will be prompted to confirm your registration by SMS from Capitec Bank. You will also receive an SMS with a reference number for future reference when accessing your account via cell phone banking. This is called a “unique number” or “registration ID number” that only applies specifically for cell phone banking registration purposes only; do not use this code when registering online through internet banking
3. Enter your secret Remote PIN and follow the prompts to register.
- Enter your secret Remote PIN and follow the prompts to register.
Once you have registered, you will get a new Remote PIN that can be used for future transactions via SMS. This new PIN will be sent as an SMS in the following format: #SMS#X#CODE
The registration process includes a call from Capitec to verify your details and create a new Remote PIN. Your new Remote PIN will be sent as an SMS within 24 hours, so it’s important that your cellphone number is updated with us before you register for cellphone banking.
The following information will be needed to register:
- Account Number
- Name – First and Last (as it appears on your bank statement)
- Address 2 – Street name, house number, street type – example: Third Street West or Third Street West Pretoria etc.
5. Android, iOS or Windows devices – just visit your app store and follow the in-app prompts. It’s free, easy and secure!
The app is available for free on Google Play, the Apple App Store and Microsoft Windows.
To register for cellphone banking at home:
- Download the Capitec Mobile Banking app from your device’s app store.
- Sign in using your registered username and password (or if this is not known, click “Forgot Password”).
- Select ‘Create an account’. You will be directed to a short questionnaire that needs to be completed before proceeding to the next step.
- Once you have completed your registration you can add funds into your account by clicking on ‘Add Funds’ or ‘Pay Bills’. The funds will be immediately available for use!
If you’re looking for a way to manage money on the go, we recommend using this app. This is the most popular option as it allows you to access your account 24/7 wherever you are.
However, if you prefer not to use an app or think that it may not be compatible with your device then there are other options available such as SMS Banking or Cellphone Banking (which requires an SMS PIN).