When it comes to buying rings, most of us rely on our own gauge or a jeweler’s. But what if you don’t have an accurate measurement? What if you’re in another country and don’t speak the language? Or what if you just want to make sure that your ring will fit a specific person? In this post, we will show you how to measure ring size south Africa without any special equipment. This method is incredibly accurate and can be used with any type of ring. So whether you’re shopping for a wedding ring or trying to buy a gift for someone special, this guide is for you.
Why measure ring size?
Why measure ring size?
There are a few reasons why you might want to measure your ring size. Maybe you’re considering whether to buy a new ring, or if you have an existing ring that’s been lost or stolen, you might need to replace it. Plus, it can be handy information if you ever need to consult the sizing chart for a particular type of jewellery.
How to measure ring size in South Africa?
The method for measuring your ring size varies depending on where you are in the world. In most cases, you’ll need a ruler and some sort of string or tape measure. Here’s how to do it:
1) Start by locating the middle finger of your left hand on top of your littlefinger (see image).
2) With your right hand, gently stretch the skin on either side of your littlefinger until it forms a ‘V’ shape. This is your guide for finding the measurement for your ring size in inches (or cm).
3) Mark this point with a pencil or pen.
4) Now take the string/tape measure and place it around the smallest part of your guide “V”, making sure not to go past the edge of the ‘V’.
5) Record the number that appears next to ” inch ” or ” cm “. This is what will be used as your calibration number when purchasing rings online or in store.
6) Repeat steps 2-5 with all fingers
How to measure ring size
For many people, the size of their ring is one of the most important things to consider when shopping. But how do you measure your ring size?
There are a few ways to measure your ring size, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are three methods:
1. Use a piece of string or twine and tie it around the inside diameter of your ring finger. Wrap it around several times if necessary, so that there’s enough slack to fit over your knuckle. Measure the length of the string from the center of one end to the other. That’s your ring size.
2. Hold a ruler against the inside surface of your thumb where it meets your hand. Mark the spot where the edge of the ruler meets the skin on top of your thumb. Now measure up from that mark to find out how wide (in inches) your thumb is at its widest point. That’s your measurement in inches for “thumb span.”
3. Take a plastic card or strip and cut off one end so that it’s about 2½ inches long (or longer if you want). Make a small hole in one corner, then hold it against the back side of your index finger where it joins your hand. Mark where the hole intersects with the center line on top of your finger (this will be slightly above middle joint). Now measure up from that mark to find out how wide (in inches) your index finger is at
The different types of ring gauges
There are many different types of ring gauges, so it can be hard to determine which one to use when measuring your own ring size. Here are the most common types:
Standard Ring Gauge: This is the most common type of ring gauge and is found on rings in stores around the world. It is measured by wrapping a piece of string around the finger and then measuring how tight the string is against the finger.
Fine Ring Gauge: This type of gauge is used for speciality rings, such as wedding bands or engagement rings. It is measured by wrapping a piece of string around the finger and then counting how many wraps there are.
Millimeter Ring Gauge: This type of gauge is only available in Europe and is used for rings that have a width greater than 25 millimeters. It is measured by wrapping a piece of string around the finger and then counting how many wrap there are.
How to convert between ring sizes
How to convert between ring sizes:
When you buy a ring in a store, the size is based on your hand’s width. To find your ring size, wrap a tape measure around your index finger and use that number as your ring size. If you’re buying an online purchase, look for the same measurement on the product page.
If you have a half or full size larger than what you need, you can cut the ring down to fit by sawing off one end of the band. You can also ask the jeweler to do this for you. Alternatively, if you have a half or full size smaller than what you need, you can add spacers to either side of the band (a little less than 1/4 inch should do) and then wear the ring. Be sure to replace these spacers when they start to wear out!
What is a Ring Size?
Ring size is a factor that you will want to take into account when purchasing a ring. It can be difficult to determine your ring size without assistance, so here are some tips on how to measure your ring size. To gauge the circumference of your index finger, wrap a piece of string around it and mark the spot where the string crosses the knuckle. Now measure the distance from this point to the edge of a ruler or measuring tape. This number is your ring size in inches. To find your US ring size using centimeters, divide the inch measurement by 2.54 (or use this online conversion tool). For example, if your index finger measurement is 11 inches, then your US ring size would be 7.5 cm. If you’re unsure of what size to purchase, please contact our team for help!
How to Measure Ring Size
There are a few things that you will need in order to measure your ring size. The most important of these is a ruler or a tape measure. Once you have these two items, it is easy to measure the circumference of your finger.
To measure the circumference of your finger, start by holding the tape measure tightly against the middle of your finger and make sure that the measuring pointer is lined up exactly on the middle of the finger. Then, slowly pull the tape measure away from your hand until it has reached its full length. Next, divide this number by 2 to get your ring size in millimeters (mm). For example, if your measurement was 20 mm then you would need to buy a size 6 ring.
What are the Different Sizes?
There are different sizes for men and women when it comes to rings. In the U.S., most ring sizes are measured in half-inch increments ranging from 6 to 10. Some jewelers may also offer a size 11 or 12, but they’re not as common. A size U.S. 1 is equivalent to a size S South African 7, while a size U.S. 9 would be close to a size M South African 11 or 12.
The below chart shows the equivalents of U.S. ring sizes to corresponding South African ring sizes:
1 = S 7
2 = M 8
3 = L 9
4 = XL 10
5 = XXL 11
What should I do if My Ring Size is Different from My Preference?
If your ring size is different from what you prefer, one option is to order a ring size up. Another option is to have the ring remade to fit your desired size. In some cases, it may be possible to resize a ring using special techniques. If none of these options work for you, you can consider buying a different style of ring.
If you’re looking to buy a new ring, but aren’t sure what size to pick, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll teach you how to measure your ring size in South Africa using the standard method. After reading through this guide, you’ll be able to confidently choose the right size for your upcoming purchase. So don’t wait anymore – start measuring today and be prepared for that perfect fit!