How To Claim Uif Online Step By Step (2023)
The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) is a government fund that provides benefits to people who are unemployed. You can apply for UIF online if you are registered on your local Department of Social Development’s database, and have been unemployed for at least two weeks.
If you qualify for UIF, you will receive an immediate payment into your bank account as long as it has a positive balance. The application process takes less than 20 minutes and most applications are processed within two working days
How To Claim Uif Online Step By Step
To claim UIF online, visit the UIF website (www.uif.co.za). The home page will show you an overview of what UIF is and how it can help you.
Click on the “Login” button at the top right of your screen to sign in to your account; if you don’t have one, click on “Register” instead and fill out all required details to create an account.
Once logged into your account, enter your username and password in their respective fields and click on the “Login” button again—you should now be on a page called “Claiming Your Unclaimed Funds” where there is an option to select which fund type(s) you want to claim from: Pension Fund or Savings Funds?
Select one or both funds by clicking on their respective links or buttons underneath their names; then click once more on another link titled “Claim My Claim Form(s)” which will open up a new window containing several forms for each selected fund type — Pension Fund form P4CK1 for pensioners who were members before 1 January 2013; Pension Fund form P5CK1 for pensioners who joined after 31 December 2012 with contributions from 30 November 2012 onwards; Savings Fund form S4CK2 (or S5CK2) depending on whether they were members before 1 January 2013 (form S4CK2) or after that date (form S5CK2).
Click on the “User Application” tab and enter your login details.
You should now be on the User Application screen. If it’s not the first time you’ve logged in, select the “Log Out” option at the top of this page, then click on “User Application” to start over.
Enter your login details and click on “I Agree”.
- You need to enter your personal information such as ID number, name and surname and bank account details.
- Next, you will be asked to confirm that the information you provided is correct. To do this, choose the option “Yes” or “No” depending on whether it is true or false respectively.
- Then click on “Next” button at the bottom right hand corner of your screen to go next in this process
Once you’ve verified your identity, you will receive an email acknowledging that you have successfully completed the process. You will then be asked to agree to the terms and conditions of the UIF. Once this is done, click “I Agree” and proceed to the next step.
You need to check your inbox for a verification code that has been sent by [email protected]
You can then proceed to submit your claim online.
Once you have completed the steps described above, you can then proceed to submit your claim online.
To submit your claim online follow these steps:
- Visit the UIF website at www.uif.gov.za/submit-claims/#submitting-your-claim and select “Submit a Claim” from the menu options on the left side of the page
- Completely fill in all required fields with correct information using an accepted format (for example: DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY)
- Click on “Submit” at the bottom right hand corner of the page
- To claim UIF, you need to register for the service by visiting the UIF website and clicking on “User Application” tab.
- Once you are within the application page, enter your login details (username and password) and personal information (name, date of birth etc.) in order to create an account with them.
- Once you have created a profile, visit their official website again and click on “Request Verification Code” link which will direct you to another page where it will ask for your verification code or OTP (one-time password). You can receive this by SMS or via email depending upon which option has been chosen while applying for UIF benefits online form earlier in step number 2 above.”
- After entering your verification code correctly into provided space on their webpage then click “Submit Claim Form” button.”
- After successful submission of application form then review all information entered before submitting it because once submitted no changes can be made unless rejected due to errors found during review process according to guidelines issued by South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
If you have any questions, please contact them on 0800 104 003 or email them at email@example.com.