How To Cancel Uif Registration Online (2023)
If you are registered with the Department of Labour and are no longer employing anyone, then you can cancel your UIF registration online. This will stop you from being charged any more contributions or penalised for not paying them on time. The steps below will show how to do so:
How To Cancel Uif Registration Online
If you are registered with the Department of Labour, and no longer employ anyone, you can cancel your UIF registration online.
To do so:
- Log in to UIF Online Services using your PIN e-mail address and password.
- Under “My Business” select My Details;
- Select “Cancel Registration” from the Actions menu at the top of the page;
- Click on Your Account Number if prompted to confirm cancellation;
- Click on Cancel Registration at bottom of screen (under Plan Activation) when prompted by warning message about any outstanding payments/refunds still due or refunds pending release;
- Go to the Services SETA website at https://www.serviceseta.org.za/cancel-uif-registration/.
- Click on the “Cancel UIF Registration” link.
- Enter your UIF reference number and SA ID number in the boxes provided and click Submit.
- Confirm that there are no outstanding contributions due to be returned from SARS and the Employer Reconciliation System before proceeding with this process of cancelling your UIF registration online
- Return to your email inbox and open the message from My Account.
- Click on [View Your UIF Reference Number] under the heading [Registration Status] in the email you received when you registered for UIF.
- Enter your 10 digit UIF reference number (consisting of one letter and nine numbers) in the Box provided on the next page, then click Submit Request to confirm your registration cancellation request online
Your UIF reference number is a 10 digit number, consisting of one letter and nine numbers. For example A123456789/1.
The SA ID number is the same as your UIF reference number and is unique to you. It’s used for identification purposes when you register for a benefit or service at an institution such as a bank or insurance company.
- When you have ticked all three checkboxes, click on “Submit” and an e-mail confirming your cancellation will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
You will not be able to register for UIF again until you re-open your business and employ another person.
Please tick the checkbox below to confirm that you have checked that there are no outstanding contributions due to be returned from SARS and the Employer Reconciliation System (ERS).
Now that you’ve completed the above steps, you’re all set to cancel your UIF registration. To do so, click the “Submit” button and then wait for an email confirmation of your cancellation. You can’t re-open your business until you employ another person, so make sure to read through the information on this page before proceeding with any cancellations!
Click on the “Submit” button to complete the form and make sure that there is no outstanding amount owed by you. Clicking this button will cancel your registration immediately. You will receive an e-mail confirming your cancellation. You will not be able to register for UIF again until you re-open your business and employ another person.
If you’ve cancelled all your employees, you can cancel your UIF registration online by following these steps:
- Log in to the UIF online portal.
- Click on ‘I want to withdraw my registration’.
- If there are no outstanding amounts due to be returned from SARS or the employer reconciliation system, you will receive an acknowledgement of withdrawal from the department of labour within 72 hours of submission.
When you cancel your UIF registration, you will not be able to register again until you re-open your business and employ another person. This ensures that there is no duplication of accounts. If you have any questions regarding the cancellation process, please contact the SETA Customer Care Contact Centre on 086 111-1233 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org