The National Qualifications Framework (NQF) is the South African government’s national qualifications framework. It sets out the national standards for education and training in South Africa. The NQF sets out the requirements for levels of study, curriculum content and assessment criteria at all levels of education.
This ensures that learners receive high quality, relevant and comparable training that prepares them for life in a global economy.
How To Apply For Nated Certificate Online
The first step to apply for a Nated Certificate online is to visit www.tvetcolleges.co.za, select your college and then click on ‘Get Registered’.
When you have completed this step, you will receive an email from Tveta indicating that your registration has been successful and you are now ready to apply online for the qualification or course of your choice by clicking on Apply Online from the home page of Tveta Colleges website.
To complete the application process, you will need to complete a short questionnaire which asks about any previous qualifications or experience gained in the field of study for which you are applying – if applicable – as well as uploading proof of identity documents such as a copy of your ID book/passport (front/back) and proof of residence (water bill).
Choose your College
The next step is to choose the college that you wish to apply for a Nated Certificate from. There are four levels of colleges, each with its own unique qualifications, courses, streams and campuses. To see what each of these words mean, look at the Glossary section below (in case there is something you don’t understand) or read our article about it here:
Choose your Qualification
Now you need to select your qualification level – this means how many years of study have been completed by students at that particular level (for example: if someone had completed twelve years of schooling then they would be studying in “Year 12”.
If they were studying at Year 6 then they would be in Primary School). You can also select whether or not you want an individualised course instead of one designed by teachers who will teach all students the same thing regardless whether they are ready or not – we recommend choosing this option as it allows students more freedom over what they learn which helps them improve faster!
- To register, Click on Get Registered. This will enable you to access the college functions and services such as apply online, checking your results, etc,
- You can also get registered from the home page by clicking on [Get Registered] link in a red box at the top right corner of your screen.
- When you click this link, it will open a new tab with a form where you need to fill some personal details like Name, Surname, Mobile Number and Email address before submitting it to us (see below image).
In order to apply for a Nated Certificate, you will need to obtain the following information from the college administration office:
- Student Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number * Qualification/Course/Institution * Fee Payment Bank Details (name of bank) ID number Passport number Driver’s License
- Provide all required information
- Provide all required information for each section of the application form
- Once completed a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your email address with further instructions on how to activate your account.
- You can also log in using this link: https://www.nateducation.com/education_and_training/certificates/activate-your-online-profile
Go to your email and click on the verification link provided in the email
When you receive the email, click on the verification link provided in the email. This will activate your account and allow you to start an application.
The Nated qualification is a nationally recognized qualification awarded by the National Department of Higher Education and Training. The Nated qualification is awarded to students who have successfully completed a course leading to such qualification, passed the examination set for them by the awarding body, or proved their competence in examination set for them by the awarding body.
The minimum requirement for applying for any NATED qualification is that you must be at least 18 years old when you apply online and 21 years old when your certificate is issued.
Note: If you are applying for a Nated qualification, you will need to order form TEC12 from the South African Council for Educators (SACE).