How To Appeal For SASSA Relief Grant Online (2023)

The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has brought online the process of making complaints and appeals. This means that you can now submit your application for food grants online, as well as make a complaint or an appeal online. The online system is very easy to use and it will help you get your Sassa assistance faster.

How To Appeal For SASSA Relief Grant Online

If you are a South African citizen and your Sassa grant application was rejected, you may appeal to the Social Security Appeal Board. The board will listen to your case and make a decision on whether or not to grant you access to COVID-19 relief grants.

The process is quite simple, but it requires time and patience on your part. Here’s what you should do:

  • Apply online at You will be asked for identification details as well as information about why you think that your application should be reconsidered by the Social Security Appeal Board (SSAB). If there is anyone who can help with this aspect of the appeal process then they should be listed too!
  • Make sure that everything is accurate because once submitted, it cannot be changed or amended later on without having another application submitted again which could cause delays for others depending upon how busy the department becomes at any given time.

How to appeal on SASSA if you did not receive a COVID-19 relief grant.

If you did not receive a COVID-19 relief grant, you can appeal on Sassa by following these steps:

  • Log in to your account.
  • Follow the instructions provided to submit your appeal application.
  • You must do this within 60 days of the date of your COVID-19 application (when you applied for a grant).

How to appeal on Sassa if your application was rejected.

If you applied for a social grant and your application was rejected, there is still hope. You can appeal on Sassa to have your case reconsidered. Here’s how:

  • Contact the Sassa office in charge of your area and ask them to give you a form to appeal against their decision.
  • Fill out the form correctly and return it within seven days after obtaining it from the person who gave it to you or else this will be considered as late submission of appeal
  • Attach a copy of any supporting document that will help strengthen your case such as medical reports or letters from other institutions showing that there are no income generating activities available (e.g., university certificates, employment letters etc).

What are the steps to appeal on SASSA?

  • Firstly, you need to access the Sassa website and click on the appeal button.
  • Enter your ID number and personal details in the respective sections provided below it
  • Now enter the reason for your appeal in the box provided below it
  • Lastly, provide all of your contact details so that they may reach you if there are any queries regarding your application or its status

What is the Grievance Management Policy (GMP)?

The Grievance Management Policy (GMP) is an online system to make complaints and appeals about the Sassa grant scheme. It was established by Safaricom, a mobile network operator in Kenya, in collaboration with the National Treasury and the Ministry of Devolution and Planning.

The GMP can be used by applicants who have not received their grants, or by those whose grants were cancelled or reduced due to error on behalf of Sassa. The process is transparent: you submit your complaint through a form online, provide evidence supporting your claim and then await feedback from officials who will inform you whether or not your appeal has been successful within 30 days.

If granted access to this program as either an applicant or beneficiary of social security benefits under any government agency (such as MCAF), there are several ways it can help save time when making queries regarding claims issues like delayed payments due to technical glitches at centers where payments are made manually rather than electronically; instances where staff members fail to complete certain steps required before issuing payments; cases where beneficiaries may have lost their bank cards needed for ATM withdrawals after receiving funds into accounts linked up with these cards etcetera.”

What is a grievance?

A grievance is a complaint about a problem. It can be about a colleague or manager, the service you receive from an organisation or even something specific to your workplace.

The easiest way to explain this is by saying that if you have an issue with something, this would be considered as a grievance. A grievance could also be in regards to money owed to someone because of something they did not want done, was done badly or did not get paid for properly.

How do I make a complaint or an appeal?

You can make a complaint or appeal directly to the Sassa office by:

  • Visiting your nearest Sassa office;
  • Calling 0800 60 11 60; or
  • Sending an email to [email protected]

What are the grounds for making an appeal or a complaint?

There are several grounds on which you can appeal or complain. These include:

  • You feel that you have been unfairly treated by the Sassa or the National Treasury.
  • You feel that your right to access social grants has been denied or violated.
  • There is something wrong with your grant and you want it resolved.

Is there a time limit for making an appeal or a complaint?

There is no time limit for making an appeal or a complaint. You can make an appeal or a complaint at any time, and you can also submit as many appeals or complaints as you need to.

Do I need someone else’s help to make an appeal or a complaint?

If you need help and you are not sure where to get it, here are some places to start:

  • You can ask someone else to make an appeal or complaint on your behalf. This person needs to be a person who is legally able to make such an appeal or complaint.
  • You can also ask a service provider or organisation that provides a public service (for example, the police) if they can assist with your appeal or complaint.
  • If you do not know anyone who is able to make an appeal or complaint on your behalf, there are organisations that may be able to assist with making an appeal or complaint on behalf of another person (known as “receiving agencies”). These include local community organisations like Community Development Projects and Neighbourhood Watch Schemes; non-governmental organisations such as trade unions and refugee advocacy groups; international bodies such as United Nations agencies; legal aid commissions; law firms; various government departments including those responsible for social welfare services etcetera

Who can make an appeal or a complaint?

You can make an appeal or a complaint if you are a beneficiary or a member of a beneficiary’s household.

You can make an appeal or complaint if you are an applicant or a member of an applicant’s household.

You can also make an appeal or complaint as service provider (for example, lawyers and advocates).

You can complain or appeal online. If you prefer to submit your complaint or appeal by phone, please contact us on 0800 211 4400. You can also make a complaint or appeal by email at [email protected] or fax on 011 831 6232. Alternatively, you may submit your complaint/appeal in writing and send it to the following address:

  • PO Box 88095, Pretoria 0001

You will need to include:

  • Your full name;
  • The Sassa claim number of the person who is making this application for relief;
  • Their birth certificate number (if applicable);


  • An explanation as to why you believe that they qualify for relief from payment obligations under section 28 of the Sassa Act


You can complain or appeal online.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *