How To Appeal For NSAFAS Online 2022
If you have been denied for NSFAS funding, you can appeal. This is called an administrative review. You will have to prove that your eligibility was unfairly denied by providing the correct documents and completing an online appeal application form.
How To Appeal For NSFAS Online 2022
Know your NSFAS status. Once you know your NSFAS status, you can proceed to the next step.
- Check your NSFAS status online
- Check your NSFAS status by phone
- Check your NSFAS status at a NSFAS office
- Check your NSFAS status by email
- Check your NSFAS status by SMS (text message) or Whatsapp
Know what documents are needed for this process
Appealing for NSFAS funding is a process that requires you to provide detailed information about your financial situation, as well as documentation of the reasons why you do not have enough money for your tertiary education.
It is important to note that every student will be required to submit different documents depending on their unique circumstances. For example, if you are applying from another country and still living there with parents, then you will need to provide proof of residence before being allowed access into South Africa again.
The following documents may be required:
- NSFAS status letter
- ID document (with photo)
- Proof of residence (for example, electricity or water bill)
Fill in an online appeal application form.
To apply for an appeal, you must first create an application account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website and click on ‘Get Started’ under the ‘Appeal Online’ section on the homepage.
- Click on ‘Register Now’ to create a new account in your browser or select ‘Login’. If you have already created an account but did not sign in during that process and wish to use it now, simply log in with your username and password when prompted. If you do not have an account yet and wish to open one up quickly (for example if there is no option for you to sign into Facebook), please click here for instructions on how best to get started!
Fill out all required fields on this page according to instructions provided under each field header (e g Name, Gender etc). Do not enter any personal information into fields marked ‘optional’ unless specifically requested by NSFAS staff before submitting your application form online via email attachment or fax as per procedure listed above under Section 5 (Appeal Procedure) of these guidelines.”
You need to know your status before you can appeal
Before you can appeal, you need to know your status. In order for the NSFAS application committee to consider your appeal, they need to have all the information about your application. They will only be able to assess whether or not there was a technical error if they have a copy of both documents that were submitted by you and approved by their office.
If a document has been missing from your file, it is important that it be submitted as soon as possible so that it can be added into the system before an appeal is considered.
If there was an error made on an application form or other document during submission (for example: wrong field filled out), contact NSFAS immediately so that they may amend this error before it becomes too late for them to amend anything else in regards to your case study/application form etcetera.
If you have tried to apply for NSFAS and it has been rejected, you can appeal. You will need to submit some documents as proof of your financial status. This can be done online or at the nearest NSFAS office if there is one near where you live.