SASSA is the South African Social Security Agency. It is part of the Department of Social Development. The agency mainly deals with pensions, grants and other social benefits for people from all over the country.
SASSA is responsible for distributing social grants to millions of beneficiaries every month. To be able to do this successfully, SASSA needs accurate information about each beneficiary who receives a grant so that payments can be made correctly and on time. Wondering if you can change your detail with SASSA? Yes, you can.
How Do I Change My Details With SASSA?
If you have a change of address, you should update it with SASSA as soon as possible. You can use one of four ways to change your address:
- Online: Complete the Change of Address form and submit it online.
- Telephone: Call SASSA on 012 426 2626 or 0800 101 999 for 24-hour support.
- Post: Send a letter to SASSA explaining the changes you would like made and send it to the same address that was used when applying for social grants (usually postmarked). If sending by courier service, ensure that they will deliver documents directly to SASSA’s offices in Cape Town or Pretoria.
- In-person/at any branch office/post office: Visit any branch office or post office where staff will assist in completing forms necessary for changing addresses
You can change your bank account details with SASSA by:
- Online. Visit [sassa.gov.za](https://sassa.gov.za/) and click on the “Change Bank Details” link under the “Payment Options” heading towards the bottom of the page. Enter any changes to your information, then click Save Changes when finished;
- By phone: Call 0800 011 999 between 9 am and 4 pm on weekdays;
- By fax: Fax 0800 011 999 at any time during standard business hours (Monday through Friday,9 am-4 pm);
If you have a change of name, you can submit an application form or visit your nearest SASSA branch to complete the necessary documentation. If you are unable to visit your nearest branch due to mobility issues, emailing SASSA is another option available. To send an email, simply go to the SASSA website and click “Email Us”.
You will then be directed to a page where you can fill out all of your details onscreen. Once completed, click “Submit” and type in the captcha code before clicking on “Send”. This process should take no more than five minutes.
However, if there are any problems with filling out this form or any other issues relating directly back to changing names then it would be best for anyone concerned about such matters (especially those that may not have access whatsoever)to seek advice beforehand so as not only ensuring compliance but also ensuring safety when dealing with other organisations involved in changing particulars like social security numbers etcetera.
In summary, you can update your details with SASSA easily. Here’s how:
First, you need to go to the Sassa website and log in using your ID number and password.
You then have to enter the following information (only some of these will be required):
- Your name
- Your ID number
- Your birth date
- Your gender (male or female)
- Your email address * Phone number * Bank account details * New address
We hope this article has helped you to understand how easy it is to update your details with SASSA. Remember that you can also send your change of address forms in through your bank or post office and they will forward them to SASSA for you. If there are any other questions about updating your details with SASSA then please contact them directly!