The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is an educational bursary programme for South African citizens. It provides funding to help students with their tertiary education. If you are applying for NSFAS, this article will help you understand what to do in the event that you need to cancel your application.
How Do I Cancel My NSFAS Application?
If you have submitted your application for NSFAS funding and wish to cancel it, please do not panic. Cancelling your NSFAS application is not necessary as you can make changes to your application online at any time.
To cancel your NSFAS application, go to the ‘Manage my applications’ screen by clicking on Log in/Join us and then selecting My account from the drop-down menu.
Once logged into ‘My account’, click on the ‘Cancel Application’ button that appears next to the appropriate name of each course selected for cancellation.
Once you have completed cancelling all of your courses, please submit this form with a screenshot showing that all courses have been cancelled.
It is not necessary to cancel your NSFAS application. You can simply exit the application by clicking on the X icon in the top right corner of your screen.
If you want to edit your application, click on ‘View My Application’ at the bottom of this page and log into it using your ID number and password. Once logged in, click on ‘Edit’ under ‘My Personal Details’. This will take you through steps where you can edit your personal details such as:
- Address/Cell Number/Email Address
- School/College Name
You do not need to cancel your NSFAS application.
You can cancel your application by yourself, or update it.
Cancelling your application means ending the process completely and is irreversible. If you want to apply again next year, you will have to start from scratch and pay all fees again.
4. How do I edit my NSFAS application?
- Go to the NSFAS website and log in.
- Click on “My Application” in the top right corner of the screen, then click on “Edit” next to “NSFAS Application” or “Upload Documents / Screening Results” as appropriate to your needs.
- Follow the instructions on how to edit your application at this stage in order to change your university choices or enter any missing information (e.g., previous qualifications).
There is no need to cancel your NSFAS application.
There is no need to cancel your NSFAS application. You can edit your NSFAS application online, through the student portal. To edit your NSFAS application, you will need the following:
- A valid username and password for studentportal.nfas.ac.za
- A valid ID number (this is a combination of numbers and letters) from your acceptance letter or from an email sent to you by [email protected]
If these are not available, please contact [email protected].
There is no need to cancel your NSFAS application. After submitting the form, you will receive an email confirming that your application has been successfully submitted. This email will contain all the information about your application status and how it can be updated in future should there be any changes made.