CPUT Wellington Student Accommodation
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) is a university situated in the Western Cape. The university has its main campus in Bellville and there are five other campuses throughout the Western Cape. There are five residences at CPUT that offer student accommodation.
Most of the rooms at the residences are shared, but there are single-sex hostels as well as some double rooms available on an ad hoc basis. Residents at CPUT are expected to strictly adhere to all residence rules as well as rules set out by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The residence provides free shuttle services for residents.
CPUT Wellington Student Accommodation
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) is a university situated in the Western Cape. Founded in 1964 as the Cape Technikon, it has campuses in Bellville and six other campuses throughout the Western Cape. It also offers student accommodation through five residences:
- CPUT Gardens Residence
- CPUT Menlyn Residence
- CPUT Centurion Residence
- CPUT Waterfront Campus Residence
- CPUT Bellville Campus Residence
The university has its main campus in Bellville, but there are five other campuses throughout the Western Cape.
There are five residences at CPUT that offer student accommodation.
- Cradock House (Cradock)
- Cradock House Annex (Annex)
- Cradock House Annex II (Annex II)
- Cradock House Annex III (Annex III)
- Cradock House Annex IV (Annex IV)
Most of the rooms at the residences are shared. This means that you will share your room with other students. The rooms range from single occupancy (for one person) to a maximum of four students per room. There are single-sex and co-ed rooms available across all residences, as well as disabled access options in some locations.
The majority of rooms have been refurbished in recent years and are fully furnished with beds, bedside tables, wardrobes and desks for each student to use during their stay at CPUT Wellington Student Accommodation. You will also be provided with a study lamp or two along with power points so that you can charge any electrical devices such as laptops or phones safely during your stay here with us!
CPUT expects all residents to respect their fellow students, the property and its environment. You are expected to:
- Be respectful towards your fellow students, staff and other residents of CPUT
- Treat the property and its environment with care and respect by using recycling bins provided on campus.
- Ensure that no food is wasted in your room (including bread, biscuits etc).
The residence provides free shuttle services for residents.
The shuttle service is available to all residents. It is available from the main campus to the other campuses and the other way around, with a schedule that allows for easy circulation between residences.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology offers student accommodation in five different residences.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology offers student accommodation in five different residences, each with its own unique character and rules. The following residences offer single rooms:
- Maures Residence (Maures) – located on the top floors overlooking False Bay to the west, this residence has large bedrooms with private balconies. The communal areas are small but functional. There is a laundry room and study area on every floor. Each floor has one shower and two toilet cubicles that can be shared by up to eight residents at a time.
- Drommedaris Residence (Drommedaris) – situated above the main entrance road into CPUT’s Bellville Campus, this is one of two residences where most rooms are single units (with shared bathrooms). Rooms have flat screen TVs and en-suite bathrooms with showers only; communality facilities include a kitchenette shared between four people per unit, plus washing machines for laundry purposes; there is also an outdoor braai area which makes it easy for guests to bring their own food or join others at dinner time!
If you’re looking for student accommodation at CPUT, then there are five different residences that offer rooms at reasonable prices. The residences have a number of facilities available to residents including parking, laundry services and recreation areas. They also provide free shuttle services for residents who need help getting around campus or around Cape Town.