Courses That Are Usually Awarded Study Loans

If you’re studying for a master’s degree, doctorate degree or other higher education qualification, these are the courses that are usually awarded study loans.

Courses That Are Usually Awarded Study Loans

Study loans

The truth is that study loans are available for all courses, all degrees and all universities. This means that no matter what course you are taking or what degree you want to attain, you can still apply for a study loan. It also means that even if your university is not on the list of approved universities by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), this does not mean that it should stop you from applying for a loan from them.

This article will help demystify what the NSFAS has to offer students who wish to apply for a study loan.

Courses that get loans

There are a few courses that are usually awarded study loans. These include degree programs, master’s degrees and doctorate degrees. The types of courses that get loans are:

  • Bachelor’s degree in arts
  • Bachelor’s degree in science
  • Bachelor’s degree in commerce
  • Postgraduate diploma course

Degree programs

The majority of degree programs are eligible for study loans, but not all of them. If you’re thinking about applying for a degree program then it’s important to check if the degree is eligible before applying.

Most degrees are eligible for study loans, so if you want to apply for one then there should be no problem. However, if your chosen university does not offer this service or has decided no longer offer it then don’t worry as there may still be other ways that you can pay for your education without having to get into debt!

Master’s degree

  • In order to be eligible, you must first be a high school graduate or have passed the qualifying exams.
  • Master’s degrees are postgraduate academic degrees awarded by universities in many countries. The degree is typically studied for in one or two years of full-time study and it can be either taught or by research.

Doctorate degree

Doctorate degrees (doctor of philosophy, doctor of science and doctor of public health) are the highest academic degree that can be awarded by a university. The program must include at least three years of full-time study (or equivalent part-time study). During your studies, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to conduct research in your field. You may also become involved in teaching activities or running your own business.

Doctoral programs focus on research rather than practical studies or professional training. You’ll undertake a major research project or thesis under supervision from an academic supervisor or tutor who will guide you through the process and give feedback on how well your work meets their expectations.

These are the courses that are usually awarded study loans.

If you’re in the process of searching for a course that will help you find employment, then these are the courses that are usually awarded study loans.

Master’s degree programs and doctorate degree programs are usually awarded with loans because they are considered to be higher education. Since they are harder to come by, it is only natural that they receive funding from the government. Some of these courses include:

  • Business Administration
  • Law
  • Information Technology


We hope that this article has helped you become more aware of the different types of loans available for study. The best way to know what kind of funding is available for your course is by doing some research and contacting your school’s financial aid office. If you have any questions about how we can help with your education, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *